So, on my travels through the Internet, using someting as odd as Social Media, I was advised to start a blog to note down my daily thoughts and ramblings.
- Can I figure how to set up a blog and integrate it into my website?
- Do I have any idea on working as an end-user with the applications as they were intended?
But I do do "pure coding" ... albeit with a Notepad version that does syntax colouring.
And that's why this site is rather difficult to navigate in mobile gadgets: I am still stuck in the very early Naughties.
Anyway, here I am compiling an odd collection of thoughts and other drivel...
So in January of 2020 I took a huge plunge and changed geography, down in the rank of post codes from SS to WV (just an observation), but up north on the map of England.
- First experiences to the ones I left behind are expressed in the email titled Update from 'oop North' on 16th January 2020.
- Next some pondering on town riding and a cycling experience (pdf, 356kb) during the floods. An essay that I composed for the March / April issue of the Spotlight, the local Cycling Magazine for the Essex CTC.
- With the first signs of "beer in the air" shaking hands was frowned upon, and replaced with the "elbow-bump". To much of my surprise an ex-client completely ignored that advice. I received an unexpected hug.
- After work on Monday evening (16/03/2020) I dashed to choir rehearsal, and found a few folk who had made the effort to come despite - what I only heard now - the closing down of all activities of "unnecessary" gatherings. - Well, to keep my sanity the choir is a "necessary" gathering for me.
So some folk wondered that with closing he choir might fold entirely, to which I composed my response.
If you fancy to comment, have a go here.